Interpreter courses / CPD workshops
Signature Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting Programme
Our Interpreting training programme starts October 2019. There will be 2 induction days - 30th and 31st October.
Our Information and Selection Day has now finished for this course, however places are still available so don't worry if you've missed it! Please Contact Us to enquire about enrolment, or fill out the enrolment form below
This is a portfolio building programme for people who already have BSL Level 6, and have undergone Interpreter Training, as well as having had some interpreting experience.
The programme will cover the following Units, as specified by Signature:
• INT6A1 - Prepare for Sign Language Interpreting assignments
• INT6B1 - Interpret one-way as a professional Sign Language Interpreter
• INT6C1 - Interpret two-way as a professional Sign Language Interpreter
• INT6D1 - Develop your performance as a Sign Language Interpreter
One of the following optional units
• INT6E1 - Support Sign Language Interpreting through sight translations of routine written documents
• INT6G1 - Work with other Sign Language Interpreter
Our programme will include:
• Induction - introduction to the programme, team, NVQ requirements, paperwork and building your portfolio
• Assessment planning meetings
• Evidence collection opportunities
• Support and guidance throughout the programme from qualified team of assessors and Internal Quality Assurer
- Feedback on your evidence and direction to enable you to build and submit your portfolio to attain accreditation of your Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting.
We can offer:
We believe the best portfolios are collated in a way that suits the trainee interpreter. Although the aim is complete your portfolio within a year, we offer flexibility; when you are ready, you choose when to submit each piece of evidence to your assessor. We discuss this in partnership with you and work together to help you to produce the high quality portfolio that you will have worked so hard to achieve.
Some days will be on site, at Sign for Thoughts; the first 2 dates are fixed but subsequent dates will be agreed with you. Other situations will be managed remotely, for example 1-1 planning meetings via phone or Skype and submitting your evidence to your assessor for feedback, as and when agreed between you.
You will be in the excellent hands of a Experienced Qualified Assessors and Internal Quality Assurers.
Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting will start with 2 induction days, 30th and 31st October 2019 and candidates are likely to be ready for portfolio submission around December 2020.
Our Information and Selection Day has now finished for this course, however places are still available. Please Contact Us to enquire about enrolment
Penny is available for a 1-1 FaceTime chat or drop in at the centre and would love to answer any questions you may have regarding the course. Please Contact Us to arrange this.
Course fees are £3594 (including VAT).
Plus Assessment fee of £600
Payment of fees by instalments may be agreed upon arrangement.
Why Choose us
Our purpose built training suite is ideally situated within easy access of the M3 and is only 40 minutes on the train from London. We care about our students and we will support you every step of the way throughout your BSL journey. Our tutors and assessors are extremely talented in their field and have many years of experience behind them. Our 12 years delivering high quality teaching has given us a good reputation with students and the Deaf community alike.
Previous students have said:
"... the course that you provided was simply excellent and I would strongly recommend it to others. Thank you again . Please pass on my thanks to (both) assessors and the IV"
" (my assessor) was always very responsive and happy to use email, phone or text"
"communication with both assessors and IV was excellent . Both I felt were very approachable and friendly but strict and professional at the same time.
NVQ Terms and Conditions