Interpreter courses / CPD workshops
Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting Programme
Interpreting training programme starts October 2019 (2 induction days - dates TBC)
*Information and Selection Day Friday 28th June or 5th July. To register fill in the online enrolment form. £130 plus VAT
This is a portfolio building programme for people who already have BSL L6 and have undergone Interpreter Training as well as having had some interpreting experience
The programme will cover the following Units, as specified by Signature:-
• INT6A1 - Prepare for Sign Language Interpreting assignments
• INT6B1 - Interpret one-way as a professional Sign Language Interpreter
• INT6C1 - Interpret two-way as a professional Sign Language Interpreter
• INT6D1 - Develop your performance as a Sign Language Interpreter
One of the following optional units
• INT6E1 - Support Sign Language Interpreting through sight translations of routine written documents
• INT6G1 - Work with other Sign Language Interpreter
Our programme will include :
• Induction; introduction to the programme, team, NVQ requirements, paperwork and building your portfolio • assessment planning meetings
• some evidence collection opportunities
• support and guidance throughout the programme from qualified team of assessors and Internal Quality Assurer
- feedback on your evidence and direction to enable you to build and submit your portfolio to attain accreditation of your Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting.
We can offer:
We believe the best portfolios are collated in a way that suits the trainee interpreter. Although the aim is complete your portfolio within a year, we offer flexibility; when you are ready, you choose when to submit each piece of evidence to your assessor. We discuss this in partnership with you and work together to help you to produce the high quality portfolio that you will have worked so hard to achieve.
Some days will be on site, at Sign for Thoughts; the first 2 dates are fixed but subsequent dates will be agreed with you. Other situations will be managed remotely, for example 1-1 planning meetings via phone or Skype and submitting your evidence to your assessor for feedback, as and when agreed between you.
You will be in the excellent hands of a Experienced Qualified Assessors and Internal Quality Assurers.
Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting will start with 2 induction days around April 2019 and candidates are likely to be ready for portfolio submission around May 2020.
*Information and Selection Day on 8th November 2018 to register fill in the online enrolment form. £125 plus VAT
Want to find out more
Contact Penny for a 1: 1 via FaceTime on 07966986306 or email email@example.com
£ 2995 + VAT plus Registration fee. Payment of fees by instalments may be agreed on arrangement.
Why Choose us
Previous participants have said:
"... the course that you provided was simply excellent and I would strongly recommend it to others. Thank you again . Please pass on my thanks to (both) assessors and the IV"
" (my assessor) was always very responsive and happy to use email, phone or text"
"communication with both assessors and IV was excellent . Both I felt were very approachable and friendly but strict and professional at the same time.
NVQ Terms and Conditions