BSL Level 4
iBSL Level 4 Certificate in British Sign Language Studies
Monday evenings 7pm till 9.15pm from 23rd September 2019 - 6th July 2020 - Farnborough area
Available for 1 : 1 for a FaceTime chat or drop in, do ask Penny any questions before apply and it is FREE!
Teachers: Penny Gunn & Charlotte Moulton-Thomas, plus leading a specialist team including Deaf role models
The qualification is divided into three units as follows:
IBSL4AUN: Understand Extended Signed Language in a range of work contexts
IBSL4ASN : Sign using extended Signed Language in a range of work contexts
IBSL4ALN : Exploring Linguistics in British Sign Language
All three units can be achieved separately, but the full Level 4 Certificate in British Sign Language Studies can only be given if there is a PASS in each unit.
This qualification has been developed in accordance with the National Language Standards at Level 4 (2010) and (for one unit) the National Occupational Standards for Intercultural Working (2008).
The best way to use and learn British Sign Language (BSL) is through conversation and discussion with one or more users of the language where straightforward and informal social interaction is the norm and our Level 4 course focuses on just that. We will provide you with a high standard qualification with the right amount of teaching and practice to build your skills. This is because we focus significantly on deeper language acquisition, and the culture and best practice use of BSL, with minimal paperwork and a very HANDS-ON approach. We also invite Deaf speakers from time to time, to enhance our students experience and knowledge through a range of different and interesting topics and discussions. It is the ideal way for you to gain this qualification.
These objectives relate to the National Occupational Standards (2010) at Level 4 as developed by CILT, plus the National Occupational Standards for Intercultural Working (2008).
Students will be filmed regularly and receive continual feedback and onward planning from the teaching team as part of this course.
Understand and present information, ideas and opinions;
- Extract specific details and grasp overall meanings from a range of short passages in BSL
- Maintain business relationships and manage/follow uncomplicated negotiations relating to issues/concerns in your area of work
- Take part in discussions relating to varied accounts, reports and instructions delivered in BSL
- Understand the main points and relevant details of news items, interviews, documentaries and social conversation delivered in BSL
- Develop interactive communication skills with Deaf people who have different cultural experiences and perspectives to your own and understand/appreciate why these differences exist;
23rd September 2019 Mondays 7pm till 9.15pm
£900 PLUS VAT
plus SignWorld News Package £20 plus registration fees: £140
Level 4 including News/Factual information £54.99
Linguistics for Intermediate Learners at £24.99 is highly recommended.
Why Choose us
Gaining your BSL level 4 qualifications with SfT has many advantages. A step up will boost your confidence before you climb up to Level 6 where you need to be a proficient signer. I would be able to assess you and decide which level is suitable for you. Have a browse on the Level 6 page!
- Recorded feedback throughout the course, every clip kept on your USB
- BSL Role models are invited regularly
- Analysis work on BSL principles
- Conversations including debates/ discussions, role-play in Deaf issues
- Our purpose built training suite is ideally situated within easy access of the M3 and is only 40 minutes on the train from London
We care about our students and we will support you every step of the way throughout your BSL journey. Our tutors and assessors are extremely talented in their field and have many years of experience behind them. Our 10 years delivering high quality teaching has given us a good reputation with students and the Deaf community alike.
We genuinely care about your success!
Our Terms and ConditionsOur Terms and Conditions