Signature Level 6 Certificate in British Sign Language
Considering Level 6 ? You've come to the right place!
We offer the Level 6 Certificate in British Sign Language Studies through Signature.
Our next course starts October 2019 with classes every 2 weeks on Wednesdays or Saturdays.
Penny is available for a 1-1 FaceTime chat or drop in at the centre and would love to answer any questions you may have regarding the course. Please Contact Us to arrange this.
Candidates must demonstrate both receptive and productive BSL skills at level 6, and in all of the eight topics that make up this qualification. Internal and external assessments may cover any of the topics listed in this qualification.
The natural context of using BSL is in two-way interactions (discussions, conversations, debates etc.), as well as one-way interactions (monologues, presentations etc.). The candidate is therefore expected to demonstrate receptive and productive skills in both two-way and one-way interactions. Signature recommends the best approach to teaching and assessing this qualification is by covering both receptive and productive skills together.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate competence in BSL at level 4, or equivalent.
Visit the Signature website for more information.
To develop candidates who currently demonstrate competence in BSL at level 4, or equivalent, to the deeper, more fluent Level 6 standard.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners will be able to demonstrate language skills equivalent to an undergraduate degree in Modern Languages.
- Maintain fluent and accurate BSL over extended periods within their area of expertise
- Understand and use a complex range of vocabulary and technical language
- Follow and formulate presentations, proposals and arguments in the support of theories and/or ideas
- Understand and use with accuracy most colloquial and idiosyncratic BSL
- Relay information informally to and from BSL
- Demonstrate an understanding of BSL Linguistics theory and practice.
The dates for the course are as follows:
Wednesday 9th October - Summer 2020, fortnightly classes.
Saturday 12th October - Summer 2020, fortnightly classes.
Teachers: Judith Jackson (Wednesdays), Rachael Parker and Alison Wherry Almio (Saturdays) all lead with a specialist team including Role Models.
Course fees are £2040 (including VAT).
Plus Assessment fee - £255
Payment of fees by installments may be agreed upon arrangement.
Optional and highly recommended for learners
A SignWorld News Package - £20
The Linguistics of British Sign Language by Rachael Sutton Spence - from £33.37
Why Choose us
Gaining your BSL level 6 qualifications with SfT has many advantages:
- Recorded feedback throughout the course, every clip kept on your USB
- BSL Role models are invited regularly
- Analysis work on BSL principles
- Conversations including debates/ discussions, role-play in Deaf issues
- Our purpose built training suite is ideally situated within easy access of the M3 and is only 40 minutes on the train from London
We care about our students and we will support you every step of the way throughout your BSL journey. Our tutors and assessors are extremely talented in their field and have many years of experience behind them. Our 12 years delivering high quality teaching has given us a good reputation with students and the Deaf community alike.
We genuinely care about your success!
Interested? To book your place on the course please complete the enrolment form.
Our Terms and Conditions